Sunday, June 13, 2010

Greek-Fest

Greek-Fest

OPA! Greek-fest in Halifax was this weekend and of course I went, me and my buddy Tim had an awesome Donair, The Greeks defiantly know how to do it.

I'm glad that they used real homemade donair sauce, I've noticed that some places (especially outside Hal-Town) are using tzatziki. Which may be a classic in Greece but not in Halifax. With that said the sauce was awesome and the pita underneath was crispy and had just the right amount of grease. Hugh pieces of tomato and onions, which were fresh and juicy. And the spices on the donair meat was unreal...unreal.

Now I realize that I'm saying all these good things about Greek-fest donairs and the festival is over for this year but that will give you all the more reason to go next year. Defiantly an awesome place to go and check out all the Greek festivities, and they have all kinds of other Greek foods like: Souvlaki, Baklava, and Galaktoboureko. All of which are A-1.

Like always if you have any suggestions or comments leave here or on facebook and twitter (devinlockyer)

1 comment:

  1. Dangit... Now I'm jealous I didn't get a chance to check it out!

    ReplyDelete