Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tasty Pizza

Two words

DONAIR PLATE

If you don't know what a Donair plate is allow me to fill you in. Picture a regular donair but replace the pita bread with a glorious pile of golden french fries....thats right. A donair plate is everything that's inside a donair (the meat, the cheese, the onions, the tomato....etc) on a bed of french fries.

I was lucky enough to have one just the other day from a small place just down the street from me called Tasty Pizza at 760 Main street Dartmouth. This was my first experience with a donair plate and not only was I blown away, it is also currently tipping the charts as one of the best donair dishes yet.

There is nothing negative to say about it, you would think that you miss the crispy, yet tender pita but you don't the golden french fries make an excellent substitute.

I also realized that the majority of my donair excursions have been on the Dartmouth side of HRM so I'm looking to hit some places in Halifax. So let me know of your favorite places on the Halifax side of the bridges. You can leave comments below or on either my facebook or twitter pages: devinlockyer

1 comment:

  1. You need to take a road trip to the Valley...awesome donair plate at Billy Bobs in Wolfville!

    ReplyDelete